Saturday, August 11, 2012

My blog needs a post...

Ok, I said I was going to write some game reviews and I honestly stalled because when I started putting games to the metrics and reviewing them, it wasn't working. I felt like I was judging the games in a way that wasn't exactly fair. I essentially had a bad criteria. Anyway during my continued studies and school work we were shown the idea of using the MDA paper as a way to classify games. This works better then a metrics based judgement system because it tires to describe what the game is as opposed to if it is good or not. It's kinda like food; if you hate sour foods, it doesn't matter how good something is (especially by someone else's judgement) you aren't going to like it. I also learned that perhaps committing to specific updates is a bad idea. My school keeps me too busy to let me update this blog with any sort of regularity. However, I will update with things; at some time, at some point, eventually. (and I will try to get some more things up here!)